San Mateo Gymnastics firmly believes in the motto “The Power of a Team.” With the understanding that creating one of the best teams and gym clubs, it takes respect and teamwork from the club, coaches, parents and athletes.
San Mateo Gymnastics is a member of NorCal and USAG offering Competitive Teams for Level 3 through Elite as prescribed by USA Gymnastics for both men and women. Our goal is to give our athletes the opportunity to reach excellence in performance to be the best they can be. Our coaching staff includes internationally renowned coaches from all over the world who are dedicated to bringing out the best abilities of each child by teaching a strong work ethic and achieving results.
Our facility houses all of the Olympic equipment for men and women, in addition to in-ground foam pits, trampolines and a TumbleTrak.
- 2006, 2007 Neal Thompson – University of Illinois (graduated)
- 2006, 2007 Eric Haeussler - UC Berkeley
- 2007 Jeffrey Langenstein – UC Berkeley
2013 Individual Regional Standings:
Level 6 AA 3rd place
Level 6 AA 4th place
Level 6 AA 6th Place
Level 10 AA 9th place
SMG Boys Team had 4 gymnasts qualify and compete at JO Nationals!
- 2005 Kendall McCann – UC Davis (graduated)
- 2012 Lacy Dagen – University of Florida in Fall 2015
- 2013 Erin Macadaeg – LSU in Fall 2014
2014-15 NorCal State Standings:
Level 4 2nd place
Level 5 1st place
Level 7 1st place
Level 8 2nd place
Level 9 5th place
Level 10 1st place
SMG Girls Team tied for 1st place overall in Northern California!
The SMG Boosters Club is a non-profit corporation open to all individuals, organizations and businesses in support of SMG competitive gymnastics teams. Principle objectives of the Boosters Club are:
- To foster and support amateur gymnastics through educational activities.
- To raise and allocate funds for gymnastics activities.
The purpose of the Boosters Club is to raise funds to support gym teams, help pay expenses, help run home meets and to support the gymnasts. The Boosters Club plays an integral part in the quality of the gymnastics experience for our gymnasts.
San Mateo men’s and women’s Junior Olympic teams compete in home and away meets leading to state, regional, and national championships. In addition, some SMG athletes are training for or have qualified for the Elite program, bringing them to prestigious elite competitions throughout the country.
To support these athletes and their goals, SMGB is actively raising funds and seeking sponsors. There are several ways you can help:
- Sign on as a corporate or small business sponsor. Packages include promotion to thousands of families via banners at SMG, advertising in meet programs, exposure in the SMG e-newsletter, and more. Sponsorship packages range from $100 to $10,000 and are a great way to support the SMG team program while gaining valuable exposure for your business. If you are interested in learning more, contact Julie King, SMGB Business Outreach chair at email@example.com.
- Sign up for eScrip or Amazon Smile and select SMGB as your designee on our Support SMGB page.
- Donate goods or services to SMGB. Examples include:
- Food that can be sold at the snack bar at SMG hosted meets.
- Items that can be included in athlete gift bags at SMG hosted meets.
- Gift cards and other items that can be included in the annual SMG auction.
SMG is a 501(c)(3) organization and contributions are tax-deductable in accordance with the law.
Feel free contact us with any questions or concerns.